TMTI Limited ("we", "our" and "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and your personal data. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We do not ask for personal information unless we need it. Our support services are typically provided on behalf of our clients, from whom you may have purchased a consumer electronics product and you will not be asked for information that is not relevant to the support services that you are enquiring about. The type of information we will ask for and how long we will keep it is as detailed below.
Your personal information is not shared with anyone except where we are required to do so to comply with the law, to protect our rights, or to provide you with extended services such as arranging a repair or the provision of spare parts. If we do need to share your details for any of these reasons you will be told who we will be sharing your details with.
Personal information may also include a recording of your telephone call to us where you have given us your consent. Call recordings are used only for the monitoring of the quality of our services and for our internal training processes. Call recording data will be retained for a period not exceeding three months.
Personal information is only retained on our servers to allow for the ongoing operation of one or more of our support services which you want to access. In any event, (unless stated otherwise elsewhere in this Policy document) your data is kept for a period not exceeding two years and then deleted.
We are registered on the Data Protection Register maintained by the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is Z7829531. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR")
and depending on the specific support services we are providing to you, we may be either of the Data Controller or the Data Processor in relation to information collected through the provision of our support services and the operation of our, or our partner's websites where email submission forms or links may exist and be used by you.
References in this policy to "data" or "information" includes "special categories of personal data" (also known as "sensitive personal data") as defined in the GDPR where applicable.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you wish to access our support services by telephone, email, Live Chat online, on our website, or any other methods we may make available from time to time, the personal information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s) and details of the product you require our support for (and its purchase details where relevant). If you are a member of our subscription support services, this information may also include relevant payment details (such as your Bank Account details) for as long as you remain a member.
Where you require extended support services such as the arranging of a return call, a repair or product replacement or the provision of spare parts, providing these extended support services will be the legal basis for us asking you to give us the personal information as detailed above.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our websites, like most other website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as:
- browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our customer service or support numbers.
- Our websites use small data files called cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our websites and any services provided through them.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to deliver our technical support services, including extended support services such as arranging a repair or the provision of spare parts
- to notify you about changes to our technical support services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to help administer our technical support operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and reporting purposes;
- to improve our websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and possibly to deliver relevant advertising to you on our site;
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. However, we only disclose potentially personally identifying information to those of our employees, contractors and group members that need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide our support services, or extended support services, to you and who have agreed not to disclose it to others. By using our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to the third parties as defined above. We will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying information to anyone.
- We may share anonymised or aggregated non-personal information with sub-contractors engaged by us to help us operate our websites, or to advertisers who we permit to place relevant adverts on the websites, and to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites.
- if TMTI Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- If we need to arrange extended support services for you such as a product repair of the provision of spare parts. You will be made aware when this needs to be done.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our UK-hosted secure servers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Unless stated otherwise elsewhere in this Policy document, we will store your personal data for a maximum period of two years to enable us to respond to any queries you may have. After this time we may continue to store certain personal information where specifically required by legal reasons; however such personal information shall only be processed if we have reason to believe that the processing may (i) assist with the detection and/or prevention of a crime; and/or (ii) protect your safety or that of a third party.
- If you are a customer paying for our subscription-based support services, we will store your personal data for as long as you are paying for the subscription-based support services. After you cease to be a customer of our subscription-based support services we will keep your personal information on our records for a maximum period of 6 months to enable us to respond to any queries you may have. After this time we may continue to store some anonymised information where specifically required; however such personal information shall only be processed where necessary for legal reasons (for example, we may need to keep your billing information for 7 years in accordance with HM Revenue and Customs rules) or we have reason to believe that the processing may (i) assist with the detection and/or prevention of a crime; and/or (ii) protect your safety or that of a third party.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights under the GDPR with regard to the personal information we collect:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (sometimes known as the "right to be forgotten")
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (known as "data portability")
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Group or partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that any websites outside our Group will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulations. The majority of access requests will not be subject to a fee or charge being made.
- DELETION OF INFORMATION
- The GDPR gives you the right to have information held about you deleted (this is sometimes known as "the right to be forgotten"). At any time you may ask us to delete any of your personal data held by us.
- Any complaints about this policy and the way we treat your data may be made to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).